FAQs International MSc Programs

Are the programs taught in English?

Which programs do you offer? 
Four accelerated non-thesis graduate programs in Plant Sciences, Environmental Quality Sciences, Nutritional Sciences and Animal Sciences.

Are all of the 4 programs held every year?
Plants and Environment are held in even years; Nutrition and Animal are held in odd years. For example: In 2019-20 Nutrition and Animal; in 2020-21 Plants and Environment.

How can I apply to a program?
The application period for each program begins on November 1 of the previous year. For example: November 1, 2020 for the 2021-22 Nutrition and Animal programs. 
An Application Handbook and forms are posted on our website a few months before the application period. Click here for the next application.

How long are the programs?
Each program is 12 months, from October to September, including a summer semester.

What kind of degree do graduates receive?
A non-thesis Hebrew University master’s degree in the selected field

How can I get a thesis degree?
During the one-year non-thesis track offered by the International School, students are assisted with finding a supervisor and then transferring to the thesis track after completing the program. The student must also meet the grade and other requirements. Click here for more information.

Alternatively, you can apply directly to the Faculty of Agriculture's two-year thesis master degree program. The procedure is explained here. PDF iconMSc thesis track requirements and regulations.pdf

What is the tuition?
Tuition is approx. $10,500 per program for international students / approx. $8,400 for Israeli students/olim hadashim.

Are there scholarships or financial aid?
There is a partial scholarship for self-funding students and full scholarships for students from economically developing countries.  

What do the scholarships cover?
Partial scholarships cover part of the tuition. Full scholarships cover tuition, student visa, student dormitory, health insurance, and a living stipend. 

Apart from tuition, what other expenses should I anticipate?
Application fee, round-trip airfare, visa fees, health insurance, housing, and living expenses. Including tuition, the entire year would cost approximately $30,000-40,000 depending on your lifestyle.

I applied to one of the programs and was not offered a scholarship. I cannot afford the costs. What can I do now?
Research the Internet for other sources, for example: https://intschool.agri.huji.ac.il/schol-sources ; your government, your house of worship, your employer. 

Where can I work after graduation?
It depends on your undergraduate degree and your country. Graduates of our programs work in NGO’s, academics, research institutes, community groups, hospitals, government agencies, start-ups, established companies. Many also continue for a PhD at the Faculty or in universities worldwide

Where is the program taught?
Classes are held at the Rehovot campus of the Hebrew University, which is in the center of Israel.

Is it a full time program? Will I be able to work? 
Because they are accelerated programs, they are full-time (4-5 days per week) and very intensive. International students are not permitted to work since they do not have a work visa.

As an international student, do I need a visa to study in the program? 
Unless you are an oleh/olah hadash/a or have a status in Israel, you are required to have a student visa. The International School helps with this process.

Who teaches the courses?
Faculty of Agriculture teachers, external experts and researchers from Volcani Institute (Agricultural Research Organization).

Are there accommodations? Is it included in the price? What is the cost?
The Faculty of Agriculture has student dormitories on campus. The cost is not included in the tuition and depends on the type of room (single, single in a shared apartment, shared room).

Are there exams?
Yes, courses have final exams or assignments.

Are there any field trips?
There are professional field trips and cultural trips, such as to Jerusalem, Nazareth and Tel Aviv.

What are the entry requirements?
Candidates must hold a bachelor/B.Sc. degree from a recognized institution in a field that is relevant to the program they are applying to; a minimum undergraduate GPA of 80; a high level of English; and letters of recommendation. 

If my degree is not in a relevant field, do you have a preparatory program or courses?
We do not offer preparatory courses.

Challenges during corona, classes online? Frontal learning?
During Covid-19 we were forced to switch to distance learning classes. However, our effort is to conduct the program coursework in the classroom and in the field.

Who is the program for?
The program is intended for students who are interested in agriculture, the environment, nutrition and animal science. 

Does the Nutrition program qualify me to become a Registered Dietician?
No, it is not a clinical program. 

Do I need to buy books?
The Faculty has a large library on campus and there is no requirement to buy books.

If I am an oleh chadash, do I get help from the Israeli government?
As an oleh chadash, you may get financial assistance from the Israeli government. For more information, visit The Ministry of Aliyah and Integration website.