- B.Sc. degree or equivalent from a recognized university in the field of agriculture, plant sciences, crop sciences, plant production, plant protection, agronomy, horticulture, etc.
- Undergraduate level biochemistry.
- GPA of 80 or above (B- on the letter scale).
High level of proficiency in all English skills, documented by one of the following:
- At least 89 on the TOEFL internet-based test
- At least 6.0 on the IELTS
- Documentation of previous academic studies conducted in English.
- Three letters of recommendation; at least one must be academic (not from family members).
- Relevant experience is recommended but not mandatory.